Join us for National Night Out Carnival. Click here for informational flyer. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, August 6, 2013!
Our Family Services Department strives to provide local families with a support structure and nurturing environment in which parents actively participate in programs that help provide the tools necessary for their children's future success.
These programs are targeted to low and moderate income families who are striving to make financial security, family stability, healthy relationships and educational success a reality for their children.
Family Relationship Programs
- Circle of Security Parenting®
A 4-8 week psycho-educational group. This relationship based parenting program teaches the developmental attachment needs of all people from birth to adulthood, and offers an individualized approach to understanding and meeting the emotional needs of children.
- Sliding Scale Professional Services
We provide parenting and attachment assessments including home evaluation for use in custody determinations and parenting plans, Attachment/relational therapy, Individual, couple, child, or family therapy, and Individual parent education (hands on or Circle of Security Parenting).
- Ashley Suter, Family Services Director
509-455-8722 ext. 209
- Shawna Hebner, Family Therapist
509-455-8722 ext. 208
- Tanesha Wright, Family Therapist
509-455-8722 ext. 207
Family Emergency Services Programs
- We offer referrals, individualized life skills education in budgeting, family nutrition, job search activities, financial assistance for basic needs to local families, back-to-school supplies for children and youth entering grades K-12, as well as holiday assistance to MLK Center families.
- Please contact Cristal at 509-455-8722 ext. 206 to discuss your needs.
Crime Victim Advocacy
- The Crime Victim Advocacy program helps individuals to understand the impact of crime and assesses their immediate needs and concerns. Staff assist victims in developing safety plans, access victim compensation, and provide guidance in navigating the criminal justice and social service systems.
- This service is free and available to victims of hate crimes, gang violence, assault, robbery/burglary; property crimes; landlord issues; DUI; elder abuse.
- Please contact Cristal at 455-8722 ext. 204 to discuss your immediate need.
These programs seek to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty, oppression, abuse and/or neglect and are referred by the state Department of Child and Family Services.
Family Preservation Services
- We provide home visitation, parent education, cultural support and concrete assistance to keep children out of foster care or help them return home when parents have made the changes that are needed to keep them safe.
- We provide psycho-social and parenting assessments, video-based parent-child attachment therapy, individual counseling, family counseling and hands-on parent education to families with children in foster care.